March 16, 2012

Wedding Planning Update!

I figured it was time for an update on what will be one of the biggest events of 2012 in the Lentzke-Marquez household....our wedding! Between triathlon training for up to 25 hours a week, working 40 hours a week, eating, sleeping and eating ;) there have been few opportunities for Jason and I to spend more than a few hours at a time preparing for the wedding. (Don't ask me how the laundry gets done or the fridge gets re-stocked!) But, somehow, we are getting it done. And let me tell you, this will be an Austin-style wedding to remember!

Close to 150 of our dear friends and family members will be joining us for what promises to be a unique and fun-filled weekend!




  Jason and I have a special tie to the Four Seasons here in Austin, so it was obvious to both of us that this would be the place where we would wed. We've secured a beautiful location out on their famous lawn that overlooks the popular running "mecca" of Town Lake here in Austin. Every time we run by the Four Seasons Jason and I imagine the amazing day that will soon unfold on that lawn!



From the rehearsal dinner venue at a one-of-a-kind local restaurant, to the ceremony, dancing, and post-wedding brunch...we have been planning every detail so that all our guests leave Austin feeling like they really got a taste of the city.

Oh, and of course there will be a wedding "smashfest" planned for whomever so dares to participate! I know coach won't oppose to designing some sort of epic workout for me and some of my endurance-minded friends and family (considering that our honeymoon will involve a half-ironman...yes, I know I have some neuro-chemical imbalances).

And to keep our guests fueled and ready to dance the night away, Jason and I have teamed up with the chef at the Four Seasons to design the ultimate gourmet Mexican menu. We're talking REAL Mexican food, people. Non of this "Americanized" stuff! There is definitely a Mexican influence to this wedding considering that my Mexican side of the family will be in attendance (read: the party will most likely not end until early the next morning).






June will be here before we know it! I can't wait to share the details of this amazing weekend after it unfolds! And most importantly, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Jason. Right, snookie-poo?! ;) 

2 comments:

  1. It is a great post about the going long together and I like this post. This post might be useful for the wedding planning people. The wedding planning will be easy with the help of free wedding planner iPad app for planning the perfect wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Searching good blog is not an easy task because number of blogs with exaggeration is available but the information on this blog is completely based on research.

    ReplyDelete