February 12, 2012

PowerBar Team Elite: The Power to PUSH

As the intensity picks up with training, I'm quickly approaching my first races of the season. It's during these big training weeks that nutrition becomes even more essential to performance and recovery. That's where PowerBar has been my saving grace!

I am pleased to announce that I have been welcomed on to PowerBar's Team Elite! This is my first sponsorship ever and I couldn't be more excited to work with such a reputable company! As a registered dietitian, I value companies that stay true to the sports nutrition principles that create and support great athletes, and I can indeed say that PowerBar shines above the rest! I look forward to representing PowerBar both as a triathlete and dietitian. I hope to be able to incorporate some of my sports nutrition tips into these blog posts on a regular basis. I am, after all, a PowerBar Team Elite....

Nutrition PRO 
(See how I glow with nutrition knowledge?!)



With PowerBar nutrition products at my side, long training days and weeks seem less daunting and I'm able to put myself in the "hurtbox"during my workouts (something I've been doing a great deal of lately!) and come back fighting for the next training session.




There are too many awesome products to highlight in just one blog post but I'll list a few of my favorites, especially during big training days.




                                  Before and during training

PowerBar Performance Energy Bar

Formulated with the C2MAX energy blend, this bar uses a 2:1 ratio of glucose to fructose, allowing for both optimal gastrointestinal tolerance and absorption. What this means for me as an athlete is more energy for that extra bit of effort in training and racing. With no preservatives or artificial flavors, these bars are ideal when eaten before a training session or during intensive training sessions lasting more than one hour.


And for those sessions where I just can't stomach solid foods (which, thanks to coach Hillary, seems to be more often than not!) and I need that extra kick from carbohydrates alone, I reach for the PowerBar energy gel available in tasty flavors including my favorite, double latte.


Between training sessions


PowerBar Harvest Energy Bar

With 10 grams of protein and 20% of your daily value of fiber for long-lasting energy, these bars are great when I have a short turnover from one training session to the next. Although, I don't recommend them before a hard run, if you know what I mean... ;)


After training sessions

PowerBar Protein Plus

With 30 grams of high quality "tri-source" protein from whey, casein and soy, this bar provides all the essential amino acids, including leucine, I need for regenerating and building powerful muscle tissue. I love the flavors and the fact that no artificial flavors or preservative are found in these products.



I look forward to an exciting year of training and racing with PowerBar Team Elite! From the everyday training sessions.....






...to the excitement of race day.....








PowerBar is giving me the POWER TO PUSH!




1 comment:

  1. Awwwesome!! You look like a pro in that picture on the stairs. OH wait, that's only a few races away!! :D

    ReplyDelete